Hello, Hola, Aloha, Bonjour!
Ok, so I realize I’ve been on a bit of a blog hiatus for the past few months, but life in general has been annoyingly busy. Lame excuse, I know, but legitimate none the less. Although, now I have no excuses because (as most of you saw from that goofy picture in Cassie’s “What Annoys Me and Such” post) I’m finished with school! All that free time I once had that was sucked up by deliriously boring books and such is now mine to do with as I please. I can go for a bike ride, or watch a movie, or call my mother more than once every two weeks, (seriously, sorry Mom!) or I can write a blog, which makes me all kinds of happy. Major props to Cassie who has done a helluva job carrying Sisters From Different Misters on her own.
So what the heck do I write about? I’ll spare everyone a blog about my last few weeks of constant worrying because I was afraid that at the last minute, during my comps, I would suddenly forget how to form a coherent sentence. How about I reintroduce myself instead and share a few tidbits about yours truly?
1. Hello, my name is Carly and I’m a history addict.
2. I’ve recently played around with vegetarianism for several reasons.
A. the last time I ate beef I spent the next twenty-four hours with my head in a trashcan begging for a quick death. Now every time I see ground beef I turn away in horror.
B. I read a book for one of my classes called Nature’s Metropolis William Cronon, which dealt, in part, with the beef industry in the late nineteenth century. Gross.
C. I read another (more modern) book called Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. It changed my life.
D. I watched Food Inc. and Meet Your Meat. Enough said.
E. Meat can be expensive and let’s face it, I’m broke.
3. I have a crush on Conan O’Brien.
4. I’m pretty much fashion stupid. If it’s not jeans and t-shirts then I probably don’t know how to pull it off.
5. I’m pretty sure ghosts are real.
6. Whether it’s welcomed or not (and usually it’s not) I tend to break out into song. Frequently. Right now, for example, Ben is watching VH1’s top 100 90’s hits and every song that comes on I have to sing it. Loudly!
7. I’m actually a pretty private person. There are times when the sheer idea of writing anything about myself and putting it out there for whomever to read horrifies me.
8. I hate crying. It’s usually a once or twice a year event for me.
9. When I laugh, it sounds like I smoke two packs a day. Embarrassing? Perhaps. Hilarious? Yes.
10. On Fridays when I’m watching Cassie’s kids I YouTube old cartoon clips of Lady Lovely Locks from the 1980s and Claire loves them! Ok, I love them…
So there you go. I’m happy to be writing again because I really did miss it. I hope to write again soon. 🙂