seven random things
A fairly new reader to Sisters from Different Misters gave me a blogging award. Notice how I said new reader. She obviously doesn’t know I’m crazy. Yet.
But dear Ashley, I thank you!
So, being as I’m a complete rule breaker and self proclaimed bad ass, I’ll just post the seven random things. It’s more fun that way.
1. I’m a nebby neighbor. I don’t actively seek out what my neighbors do, but I’m very attentive. For example, the crazy lady who used to live across the street used to give me the most jollies. Now we have new neighbors and sadly, they’re normal. I mean, as we speak, the dad is giving his son a lesson in mowing the lawn. The crazy lady would just let her lawn get to ridiculous lengths and then take all day to mow it while stopping to have conversations with herself. I kid you not. When the for sale sign went up, it was bitter sweet. No longer would she randomly walk up to me and talk about random stuff … all while I would fear for my life.
2. I love to smell books. When I read the kids their nightly book (or five…they can be demanding little buggers) I quick take a deep whiff.
3. Speaking of judging, I totally judge what people wear to the gym. I even judged my husband. That’s just so wrong. But he’d wear plain black tees and blue shorts. Now he wears either race shirts or his softball shirts. I approve.
But to the man who wears nut hugger shorts, I disapprove.
4. I’m no fashionista, but I try on clothes for the gym like I’m sure Bachelor Girl does for a date, complete with clothes being thrown about the closet.
I mean…if I judge people there, who’s to say I’m not being judged. And who really digs muffin tops?
5. When Claire or Luca pick me dandelions, I keep them in a glass full of water until they no longer resemble dandelions. Then I feel horrible when I have to throw them away.
Guilt is such a bitch.
6. I would give my left boob to be able to remember Luca as a baby.
Damn you PPD.
7. I wish, as a society, we could talk about what we like about ourselves without being called a bitch, self absorbed or a snark. I often wonder if it’s because people are jealous? Or it’s just not allowed to be done.
Well here, I’ll start. When I was a kid, I used to get my hair permed. I had stick straight hair and always wanted curly hair like my Mom. I haven’t had my hair permed in about 4 years, maybe longer. After every baby, my hair got curlier. Now, I’m proud to say I have naturally curly hair. Boo ya!