1. Luca has figured out the potty training and has taken it to a new level. We haven’t yet worked our way to being fully clothed yet, but he will stay dry when I take him to the gym, so that’s something. Not to mention, he puts himself on the potty by himself. And that makes sense…he has to be independent at all times.
2. I started drawing again. So far, so good. I chose an abstract photo of Mae. This means that if all goes well I’ll have to draw one of each child. This may be good or bad. I’m not sure yet.
3. 24 is an addiction. Matt and I had started watching it before the 7th season when they made that movie before the season started. Of course we were hooked. I mean, it’s Jack Bauer. He dies and comes back to life, kicking ass and taking names. Dude gets tortured with ammonia soaked 10-blades and blow torches. WWJD stands for What Would Jack Do. For real.
So Matt and I started from the beginning and are almost done with season 2. We started watching it only a few weeks ago. Being as we have 3 kids, we can only watch at night, so let’s just say I’m tired in the morning because Jack Bauer is nuts and we watch no less than 2 episodes a night.
4. Yesterday I gave blood. Now that I’m not pregnant, I’m back on my every two month schedule. It’s great – and then I found out that I also get points for donating that add up to getting gift cards. Woo! So, when I was checking to see how many points I had, I noticed my cholesterol level. And can I just say I was SO upset. So upset. Normal level is below 200. Let’s just say I’m above that and then some. I know genetics have a huge factor with it, but it’s still so mean. I work out five days a week, eat healthy and love oatmeal. What gives?
It caused me to send my Mom an email in blind panic. That’s what Mommy’s are for, right?
This makes me sad. Just another thing I have to work on, I guess.
5. I hate the stair master. Have I mentioned that before? I think I have. At the gym we have two giant ones that are actual stairs that run like an escillator and it kicks my ass. Today I lasted 25 minutes. Sure, I can run for an hour straight, sometimes longer depending on my mileage goal, but stick me on one of those things for even 20 minutes and I turn all gross and sweaty. There’s this race in Pittsburgh in late winter that’s for the American Lung Association where you go up a bunch of flights of stairs. Pretty sure I’d die. But I still want to do it.
What can I say? I’m a nut.
6. Claire served Luca yogurt today and they had a cute little impromptu snack:
They were talking about the finer points of diggers vs. dump trucks.
Cutest thing I’ve seen all week.
7. Pandora is awesome. My latest station loves are Joe Purdy, The Civil Wars, Florence + the Machine and of course Ray LaMontagne.