Fire

While cooking dinner tonight, the kids were playing in the old tv stand awaiting Matt to bring it upstairs. They kept sliding the glass door shut and putting each other in jail and I thought it was hilarious. So of course I grabbed my camera.

Mae had been standing on top of the tv stand leaning on the kitchen counter playing with a magazine but took a minute to squat down and see what the commotion was about. She grabbed the glass door and it briefly fell out. No big deal really, but as I went to put it back on its track, I looked up and saw flames.
Big flames.
I’m talking at least a foot high of flames.
I didn’t really think much after that, just kept saying “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.” I grabbed the flaming magazine without hesitation and threw it in the sink where the flames grew higher and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to reach through and turn on the water. But lack of thinking forced me to reach through and turn on the water and put out the fire.
There was a freaking fire in my house tonight.
And I didn’t get burned. Not one bit. And aside from the awful smell, no one was injured and everything is intact.
Save for the magazine.
A freaking fire.

20121128-212857.jpg

Advertisements

About Cassie

Two sisters from two misters. What could be more fun?

Posted on November 28, 2012, in Cassie. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.

  1. Good freaking grief. So glad all of you and your house are ok! How scary!

  2. Oh that is so scary when that happens – I am so glad you are all ok and you didn’t get burned!
    I once went into a room so full of smoke that you couldn’t see anymore [the carpet was smoldering) to open a window – it all went well, but in hindsight it is a little bit scary – and it was probably dumb, too… Glad you saw the fire before it could spread!

  3. Sounds to me like a plan to lure in some hot firefighters…

  4. WHAT HAPPENED?! She put the magazine on the stove? I suddenly smell smoke in my office. Phantom training manual fire!

    • She was playing with a magazine and when I was making such a fuss over the kids being in the tv stand, she must have dropped it near the burner (of our electric stove, so it took a while) and came over to see. I was literally 2 feet away.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: